pg电子赏金船长试玩版每年都会举办分享back活动 & 拨款颁奖典礼
Nearly $25 million distributed to agency 20个合作伙伴th 周年
Arapahoe County Commissioners today celebrated the distribution of nearly $25 million to cities, towns and partner agencies as part of the County’s 开放空间 分享back & 拨款颁奖典礼. The event recognizes their work to improve local parks, 小径 and 开放空间. Attendees are beneficiaries of the County’s 分享back and Open Space Grant Programs, which support recreation and conservation efforts that are funded by the County’s Open Space Sales and Use Tax.
Fifty percent of the annual Open Space Sales and Use Tax revenue is distributed directly back to participating cities and towns across the County through the 分享back program. Funds are allocated according to population, and they contribute to the quality of life and overall health of County residents via trail, playground and park improvement projects.
“This annual event celebrates the power of partnerships and their critical role in providing outstanding parks, 小径, and 开放空间 for Arapahoe County communities,凯莉·沃伦-古利说, Chair of the Arapahoe County Board of Commissioners. “今年是20周年th anniversary of the County’s 开放空间 program, which has brought about countless exciting opportunities for collaboration among local agencies—strengthening our collective impact and resulting in immense benefit to our residents.
除了股票回购基金, the Board also awarded grants ranging from $80,000 to $600,000 in support of 12 projects in seven local cities, 城镇和特区. These include improving trail connectivity and quality in Littleton and Centennial, a new pump track for mountain bikers in Greenwood Village, and an inclusive playground in Englewood.
Details about the 2023 grant awards are below. Each year, 12 percent of the tax revenue is dedicated to the Open Space Grant Program. The County’s investment in these projects is leveraged by more than $2 million in matching funds provided by the grant recipients.
当 这些 项目 完成, communities across the County will benefit from improvements at six parks across the metro area, 1.新建或改善的步道4英里, and four park or trail planning projects that will guide the way for future improvements.
2023 grant recipients—cities and towns:
- $600,000 for a new playground and accessible pathways at Bates/Logan Park
- $600,为格兰岱尔公园的改善工程拨款, 包括半个橄榄球场, 狗公园, 还有野餐设施
- $225,000 for a new pump track at the Village Greens North Park mountain bike skills course
- $562,500 to pave and widen a portion of the Mineral Trail to improve for multiple user types (designated cycle track and pedestrian path)
- $135,000 to support a feasibility study for a potential underpass of the High Line Canal Trail at Mineral Avenue
- $80,000 to support a master plan for Ketring and Gallup Parks
2023 grant recipients—special districts:
- Arapahoe公园 & 休闲区
- $148,833 to convert an acre of turf grass at Tollgate Park to xeric landscaping with the goal of conserving water
- $103,266 to create a master plan for an underutilized area of Lookout Park
- $479,200 to complete approximately one mile of multiuse trail along East Fremont Avenue in Centennial
- 南郊公园 & 休闲区
- $550,000 for renovation of Columbine Manor Park in unincorporated Arapahoe County, 包括一个新操场, 遮阳结构, 以及其他公园设施
- $600,000 for a new playground and picnic pavilion at Harlow Park in Littleton
- $100,000 to plan future improvements to Powers Park in Littleton
The Arapahoe County 开放空间 Program was created in 2003 when residents of Arapahoe County voted to fund the program through a quarter-cent Open Space Sales and Use Tax (25 cents on every $100 spent). The tax was renewed in 2011 when voters approved to extend the tax to 2023, 并在2021年永久重新授权.
Since the program’s inception through end of 2022, $446 million in tax revenue has been collected. More than $331 million has been distributed back to municipalities and special districts within Arapahoe County. Total fund distribution includes $57 million in grant funding, 价值234美元的分享back, 还有4000万美元的联合项目.
To learn more about the Arapahoe County 开放空间 program, 包括当前项目, 属性和即将发生的事件, 访问 www.arapahoeco.gov /以往不同